Join a Committee
Nursing Students: Here’s your chance to get involved! Read about the committees below. Once you have found the committee that works for you, send the chair an email. If you have any questions about what the committee does, or when and how it meets, feel free to ask that, too.
- The Resolutions committee, which encourages TSNA members between conventions to prepare motions to be voted on by the HOD during conventions, and screens proposed resolutions to make sure that they are in line with the bylaws and Policies of TSNA, shall be chaired by the Legislative Director and contain one additional Board member. If feasible, all other members shall consist of non-Board members. It shall review all proposed resolutions to ensure proper format, submit a summary of all TSNA resolutions to all local chapters and the NSNA Headquarters and present proposed resolutions before the House of Delegates for discussion and vote.
- The Vice-President shall chair the Bylaws and Policies Committee. It shall consist of one additional Board member and if feasible, all other members shall be non-Board members. It shall be responsible for keeping the TSNA bylaws up to date and in accordance with the NSNA bylaws for presenting the bylaws to the House of Delegates at the end of the annual Convention.
- The Breakthrough to Nursing shall chair the Breakthrough to Nursing Committee. It shall consist of three regional committee members appointed by the Breakthrough to Nursing/Legislative Director to serve for one (1) year. All members shall be nursing students throughout their terms of office. This committee is responsible for assisting each chapter in implementing a Breakthrough to nursing program through letters, phone calls, and visits.
- The Communications Director shall chair the Membership Committee. It shall consist of one additional Board member and if feasible, all other members shall be non-Board members. It shall be responsible for the recruitment of members into the organization and directing membership projects in conjunction with NSNA.
- The three Regional Directors (West, Middle, and East) shall share the Chair for the Community Service Committee. It shall consist of the three Regional Directors and, if feasible, all other members shall be non-Board members. This committee shall be responsible for organizing, and implementing community service projects in the state of Tennessee for TSNA.
- The three Regional Directors will chair a Regional Committee. It shall consist of the Regional Director for that region and other non-Board members. The committee shall be responsible for reaching out to nursing students in that region and increasing involvement in TSNA.